Peru Travel Guide
- Peruvian Sol
- Time zone
- GMT -5
- Hola – Hello
- Buenos días – Good morning
- Buenas tardes – Good afternoon
- Buenas noches – Good evening
- Adiós – Goodbye
- Hasta luego – See you later
- Hasta mañana – See you tomorrow
- Buenas noches – Good night
- Qué tal? – How are you?
- Estoy estupendo – I am great.
- Estoy mal – I feel unwell.
- Estoy un poco cansado – I am a little tired.
- Estoy exhausto – I am exhausted.
- Estoy enfermo – I am sick.
- Cuál es su nombre? – What is your name?
- Mi nombre es… – My name is…
If you are relying on a credit or debit card for emergency
funds, make sure you tell your card issuer that you will be using it abroad, or
you may find that it won't work when you really need it.
Safety and Security
Your safety and well-being is always the number one priority at Kandoo Adventures.
We operate all our travel destinations in accordance with the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice, which publishes travel advisory notices for British nationals. We also closely follow the advice of ABTA (The Association of British Travel Agents) which provides support to UK tour operators.
In addition to this, our extensive, directly-managed operations in each of our destinations, provide us with detailed knowledge and up-to-date information, which enables us to make informed decisions and operate our trips safely.
We always recommend that you regularly check the FCDO's travel advice, in order to keep up to date about the country you are planning to visit.
If you are not a UK resident, we would recommend that you visit your government's travel advisory website for further information:
Alternatively, you may wish to visit our Travel Updates page or seek further information from the World Health Organisation.
Lost or delayed luggage
We recommend that you wear your walking boots to travel and pack as many essential items as possible in your carry-on luggage. If your luggage is delayed we can then do our best to kit you out to start the trek on time. In the event that your luggage is delayed or lost, our procedure is as follows:
- Establish what items are missing and a contingency plan for each critical item
- If it reaches 6pm on the evening before starting the trek and your luggage has not arrived we recommend buying and/or hiring items immediately as a precaution
- We will take you to a shop where you can buy toiletry items, e.g. toothbrush. You will be able to find everything you need in Cuzco.
We will do everything we can to help if your luggage is lost or delayed. Be sure to check your insurance policy coverage for lost luggage cover.