Lost or delayed luggage
We recommend that you wear your walking boots to travel and pack as many essential items as possible in your carry-on luggage. If your luggage is delayed we can then do our best to kit you out to start the climb on time. In the event that your luggage is delayed or lost, our procedure is as follows:
- Establish what items are missing and a contingency plan for each critical item
- If it reaches 6pm on the evening before starting the climb and your luggage has not arrived we recommend buying and/or hiring items immediately as a precaution
- We will arrange for the hire of sleeping bags and mats for you to be paid locally
- We will provide wet weather gear, t-shirts and fleeces out of our own stock. All gear must be returned to the Lead Guide at the end of the climb. A nominal charge for cleaning items will be made of US$10 per item, payable locally
- We will take you to a shop where you can buy toiletry items, e.g. toothbrush
We will do everything we can to help if your luggage is lost or delayed but all additional out-of pocket costs have to be paid locally and should be charged back to the airline or their insurers. This includes the cost of taxis for shopping and/or repeat trips to the airport to collect bags.