We're proudly smaller than many other adventure operators and this means that we can focus on getting it right and giving our all to every trip that we operate. At each of our 20+ destinations around the world, we've set up our own local agency to provide a range of different trips for all abilities. You don't have to be an olympic athlete to go trekking in the Himalaya or even climb a Himalayan peak. Making challenging destinations accessible to every weekend trekker is what we do best, so whether your dream is to reach the ruins of Machu Picchu or scale volcanoes in south east Asia, let Kandoo Adventures help you achieve your aspirations.
SMALL 'OPEN GROUP' TRIPS
Led by local guides and with a limit on group size to ensure minimum impact on the local environment, our open group departures are a great way to enjoy amazing adventures with like minded people. Joining one of our open group trips, you are sure to make life long friends through shared experience in some of the worlds most awe inspiring locations.
Bring your friends and family along for an amazing adventure organized just for you. On a private trip you can enjoy total flexibility so personalise your trip as much or as little as you like. Our local teams love nothing more than turning your dreams into reality so choose a date and route and we'll do the rest. We can arrange private trips that are much more competitively priced than you might expect.
Trips for all levels
- 1 to 3 hours walking or physical activity each day. Up to 500m of vertical
ascent per day.
- A reasonable level of fitness is
recommended but no training required.
- 3 to 6 hours walking or physical activity each day. Up to 800m of vertical
ascent per day.
- You should go walking fairly
regularly and be comfortable in a mountain environment at low altitude.
- 6 to 8 hours walking or physical activity each day. Up to 1200m of
vertical ascent per day.
- You may be reaching altitudes
over 4000m. You should have a good level of fitness and be accustomed to long days of
- Walking or activity time each
day will generally be around 8 hours but could be as much as 16 hours on summit
- Vertical ascent can be as much
as 1500m with over 2000m of descent. You could be reaching altitudes over
- You should have a high level of
fitness and participate in endurance training to prepare for your trip.
- You may reach altitudes of up to
7000m above sea level. Long days with sustained periods of ascent and descent.
- You should be in excellent
physical condition and confident on steep high altitude terrain or in extreme
- We recommend you undertake a rigorous training regime for 3-5
months before departure.
- In some cases we may request proof of previous experience before
accepting your booking.