Highlights of an open group trek
Our maximum group size is just 10, bigger than that and your enjoyment is compromised
All our group treks are guaranteed to run, we have no late cancellations
High guide to client ratio to give you a personal service
The same fantastic guides, gear and food as on our private climbs
How to decide between a private or an open group trek
Depending on the numbers the extra cost to have your own private group will be between £400 (for a single person) down to nothing for a group of 8 or more. Besides cost the other things you might consider are:
Open group treks
- Our open group treks operate to the exact itinerary and on set dates.
- Tailor-made options are limited to equipment rental.
- Open groups will comprise a mix of couples and singles: generally everyone gets on really well but you do not get to choose your trekking partners.
- You are always encouraged to walk at your own pace and the guides will support the slowest in the group. This can lead to tension between the hares and tortoises.
- All private treks are operated as flexi-treks so that you can change the itinerary as you go along and they can start on any day you want.
- On a private trek you can book a range of tailor made options like additional personal porters, hotel upgrades and additional acclimatisation days.
- Private treks are generally groups of friends, colleagues, classmates or even families. Knowing each other before the trek normally means they bond well.
- Knowing the different characters you're trekking with generally means you do not have the same issues between the hares and the tortoises.
Whichever you choose though you will have the same totally dedicated team helping to ensure you trek safely and have a really enjoyable experience.