Lost or delayed luggage
We recommend that you wear your hiking boots to travel to Peru and pack as many important items as possible in your carry-on luggage. In the unlikely event that your luggage is lost or delayed, our procedure is as follows:
- Take an inventory of the critical trekking items that are missing
- If it reaches 18:00 on the evening before starting the trek and your luggage has not turned up yet, we recommend you buy and/or hire trekking items immediately as a precaution
- We can arrange for the hire of sleeping bags, trekking poles and mats for you to be paid locally
- We can also provide wet-weather gear, trekking t-shirts and warm fleeces out of our own stock. Please note: all gear must be returned to your Guide at the end of the trek. A nominal fee of US$10 per item will be charged for cleaning items, payable locally.
- We will take you to a shop where you can buy other essentials, like toiletries and snacks for the trek
We will do all we can to support you if your luggage is delayed or lost, but you will be responsible for additional out-of pocket costs and should plan to keep receipts so you can charge back to the airline or your insurance company. This includes the cost of taxis for shopping and/or trips to the airport to collect your bags.