- A short but fascinating trek visiting the ruins at Huchuy Qosqo.
- Tour the village of Tauqaq on the Piuray Lagoon.
- Private tour of Machu Picchu.
- Tent based expedition.
There are no open groups for the Huchuy Qosqo Trail.
Private treks can be arranged on any day and for any party size. Price from £799 pp $1240 pp. Enquire.
What’s included on our tours
- All transfers, excluding airport transfers
- 4 x nights in hotel accommodation as per itinerary
- Standard train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- All Machu Picchu trekking permit fees, park entry fees, camping fees
- Service of qualified mountain guides, porters and cooks
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on the trek
- Access to emergency oxygen and first aid kit
- Prices are based on 2 people sharing a tent and, in a hotel, a twin or double room
- Single tent and hotel occupancy costs an additional £150 pp / $250 pp and must be requested at time of booking
- Airfares and departure taxes
- Items of a personal nature
- Permit to climb Huayna Picchu is not included but can be booked separately
- Tips for crew, for recommended tip rates see here
- Travel insurance (you must be insured, and specifically for treks up to 6000m) – see here for details
- Your personal trekking gear – see here for a equipment checklist
- Your personal medicines, prescriptions and snacks
- Meals & drinks not specified
Huchuy Qosqo Trail Route Description and Map
Huchuy Qosqo Trail Itineray
DAY 1 : ARRIVE CUSCO
The city of Cusco sits at an altitude of 3500m and is a great place to acclimatise before you start your Inca Trail trek. You’ll have plenty of time to explore this charming city and soak up the local atmosphere. DAY 2 : ACCLIMATISATION DAYA day free to explore Cusco as your body gets used to the altitude. Optional city tour available.
DAY 3 : CUSCO-CHINCHEROS-HUCHUY QOSQO
Early morning, you will be picked up from your hotel and driven to Chinchero where you will visit the church, a typical market and an archeological site, before continuing our journey to Tauqaq, a village located on the edge of Piuray Lagoon, where you will begin the trek. After a short briefing about the route, you will walk for 3 hours until you reach Tauqaq Pass (4,000m), where you will have views of Ausangate, Veronica, Pitusiray and Sahuasiray. From the pass you’ll descend to our campsite, located just before Huchuy Qosqo.
DAY 4 : HUCHUY QOSQO – LAMAY- OLLANTAYTAMBO – MACHU PICCHU
After breakfast you will visit Huchuy Qosqo, an imposing architectural Incan complex that includes a large open ceremonial centre. You will have a panoramic view of the Sacred Valley and the Vilcanota River from here. After a guided tour of this site you will continue our way to Lamay at 3000m where you take a private bus to Ollantaytambo.From here you will take the train to Aguas Calientes for an overnight stay in a hotel.
DAY 5 : MACHU PICCHU
Today, you will be given a guided tour of the Lost City of the Incas and then have time to explore the ancient ruins for yourself. There is an option to climb Huayna Picchu, the famous mountain behind the ruins. In the afternoon, you will catch the train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo, where you will be met by our driver who will transfer you to your hotel in Cusco.
DAY 6 : CUSCO: TRANSFER TO AIRPORT
A private transfer to the airport for your flight home.
Make an Enquiry
+44 (0) 121 288 0388 | [email protected]
We’ll respond within 24 hours
No question is too small!
High altitude trekking expert
Phone: +44 (0)121 288 0388
Phone: +44 (0)121 288 0388
“The service we received from Kandoo from beginning our planning to completing our visit to Machu Picchu was nothing short of amazing. A truly life-enhancing experience that I will never forget!”
Milla Basmakova-Nielsen, UK
Trekked to Machu Picchu, May ’15
Posted on TrustPilot.Com